- The gemstone receives its name from the French word "turquois" or "Turkish", due to the fact all Turquoise trade from Asia had to first pass through Istanbul
- Turquoise is the gemstone of calming, creativity, wisdom, and friendship
- Native Americans would adorn their bows with turquoise gemstones in order to make their arrows more accurate during hunts and in battle
- Turquoise is the birthstone of December
- Turquoise is mined in warm climates around the globe including Mexico, Chile, Tibet, and China
- Turquoise jewelry has been worn as long as 3,000 years ago in ancient Egypt and ancient China!